Tuesday, 13 June 2017

Planning Travel

There is some research to suggest that it is the planning of a trip that brings as much joy as the trip itself. This is not the case for me. I do not enjoy planning the details of trips. It is not my thing. Sam generally does this for us and I think he enjoys it.

I dislike the process so much, that I actually procrastinated it. I am not a person who usually procrastinates. But I realized our trip to Oregon to see our blog friends (which I am truly very excited about) was coming soon and I better get on it!

I had already spend like 3 hours figuring out where to stay when meeting up with our friends. I went with my first Air B and B. We had also used our points on our credit card to purchases our flights. This past weekend,  I had to rent the car (which required a lot of shopping around as prices had gone up) and get a hotel in Portland for our first night and one by the airport for the last night as we have an early morning flight out. I am happy to say it is all done now. Maybe now I can just enjoy the waiting for the trip!

From our cruise January 2016 - the Carribean



3 comments:

  1. I love planning vacations....but more planning what we're going to do, where we are going to go, etc. I let Ed handle the flights, car rentals and logistics :-).

    Can't wait for August!! I'm thinking we should do the next BAR in the Caribbean, that blue water looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a vacation in 25 years, as I had elderly parents in poor health, most of that time. Still we would have fun on all the trips to visit and care for them, making little jaunts to the beach and eating out. If you decide to take the longer but scenic drive through Astoria, then south, rather than cut through the mountains - the Maritime museum is well worth a stop - I never get tired of it. Also nearby you may see what looks like a boat on wheels with a LONG line of people outside. That is a place that makes THE best fish and chips on the planet - made out of fresh tuna. Second best fish chips are Halibut which I can NEVER find in the midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh K10 that will be such fun and I will be with you all in spirit....Sam is a man with a plan and a keeper!
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete